Monday, July 30, 2007

You never know ....


As posted by our friend Todd Cuso, under the comment section to the US red Bull Gp:
***********************************************************************
not1scar aka Todd Cuso --
After the wonderful day teaching at Pocono Monday the 23rd I left on a red-eye flight to L.A. -- My wife and I both had business in town. My meeting was lucky enough to be done poolside at the Mondrian Hotel where we were staying. Between the perfect weather (after the Mon. rain) and the "beautiful xxx scenery" all was good. Had noticed directly across the pool from me not 12yrds away the most incredible dark haired, tanned, toned, tattooed Italian speaking woman. Not long after a thin curly haired guy joins her and her girlfriend. Holy Shit! Is that Valentino? Raised my shades and YES it was! I am never one to go oooooh a star but I felt I had to say something. After another hour of lounging I packed up and headed around. I stopped and introduced myself "Valentino? Hey I'm Todd Cuso -- I road-race and instruct on the east coast, NOT even close to your level; I know, but wanted you to know the great impression I have of you. -- A class act all around." We shook hands and he thanked me for my words. We spoke for about 15mins about the Laguna track surface, tires, his pinky was bandaged from the practice crash, his celebrity (nobody there knew who he was), living in England -- just a very easy chill moment. A quick take care and good luck and I was off. I left with an even greater admiration for his down to earth demeanor and friendliness. What a fantastic surprise that afternoon was. BTW the girl he was with was Elisabetta Canalis (insane!)
8:20 PM
******************************************************************

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Lucky, lucky man.
Of course, you'd have to be lucky to have not one scar!
It's good to hear that Valentino is as decent as he appears.