Thursday, November 16, 2006

Practice, practice ....mental practice

Last Monday I went to see Dr. Hausman to confirm that my collarbone is healing correctly. My good impressions were supported by his X-Ray reading. Even though he wants me to use freely my right arm,I am not allowed to lift or to practice any sport that could jeopardize the curing process. To stay in shape he suggested me to do some running starting from next Sunday, so 4 weeks after fracturing the bone in that low side in Summit, VA.
About the trip to Florida on Jan 13th, he will give the ok only after evaluating my healing process at the end of December, after another 4-5 weeks ...It’s ok because it could have been worse or it could have happened at the beginning of the season, so I consider myself lucky.
I am not the guy that can idle for 2 months so I am looking forward to running again. I am going to start with a 3 mile run and add more distance a little bit at the time. Running can be boring, but I have always used that time to “meditate” on things and one of them it’s going to be the memorization of the Jennings circuit, the sequence of those 14 unknown turns!


Picture sourceVideo source

No comments: