Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Forget about the NYC St.Patrick's Parade

If I were mayor Bloomberg for 2007 I would organize a memorable parade of … bikes for St. Patrick day. No, I am not thinking to have a parade of Hogs but to import the Irish road race NW200 in the streets of New York City. The start and finish line would be in front the Rockefeller Plaza on 5th Ave, and from there I would imagine a beautiful, choreographic course that goes through Central Park, FDR North, Cross Bronx Expressway, West Highway South to the Wall Street area and from there again FDR North to Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, Manhattan Bridge and back to 5th Ave. I would have thousand of city cops to corner work (after receiving proper instruction from our friends PA Posse), highway cops keeping track of the fastest speed on the straights while the rest of the radars, spread in and around the city, would give a very good reading of the split time at each section of the course. Also I would ask our friend Dennis at Racedayphoto to use the cameras (with flash lights) at our intersections to take memorable pictures of happy Irish riders scrapping their knees on the NYC asphalt. Also I would ask to all the young New Yorker graffiti artists to stop working on our walls and store gates for one day to paint our city curbs with wonderful red and white stripes to make apexes and exit points more visible and … I woke up to come to work!

Yes, last night our friend Al Marty sent me this video and I ended up with such a dream!


Video source

No comments: