Monday, October 02, 2006

Robert Lombardi Racing School: Pocono 9-29-06



Last Friday Robert and I had the last school event for the 2006 season. The day started in the wrong way with rain and cold wind. On top of that Pocono Raceway not only gave us the gravel area to pit, but also denied the usage, for really questionable reasons, of the only small shed available. We were counting on this little shack as classroom and at that point we felt a bit lost given the fact that we had eight students. After examining different solutions we opted for a tent with some kind of sidings, a table and a few chairs. With a blackboard, a lot of passion and the positive attitude from the school partecipants, it took only one hour to overcome the morning issues and create a “warm” atmosphere.

Even this time Robert Lombardi’s Road Racing School was able to deliver what promised: all the students improved drammatically their confidence, speed and overall riding skills. At the end of the day everybody had a big smile and a positive comment about their track experience. A lot of them claimed to be already addicted to the track experience and that they couldn't wait for the next event. Unless they are willing to travel to Jennings in Florida in January they would have to wait until the end of another long and nasty New York winter before warming up again their bikes.

See you next year!

The following comments were posted on the NYSB forum:

**********************************************************************************
RobCBR954RR
My 1st Trackday!!
I want thank my longtime friend Jose for introducing me to the club. I can't believe how much I learned from Rob and Alex these 2 Guys are GREAT instructors I hope they stick around for a longtime.. Well I had a great time riding on Friday and I am amazed on how my CBR954 handled on the track after getting lessons from Rob and Alex on the proper technigues on turning and leaning also breaking points. I was able to scrape my knee a little towards the end of the day when I was alot more confident with what I learned. I am looking forward for more trackdays in the future

**********************************************************************************
Phlipedoutracing
1st Track Day on the 29th
Had an awsome time at the poconos! Little weather problem at first but it cleared out. Also to Rob and Alex you guys did a great job teaching that class also a great job building that tent you had to teach in. But u made it work!!! The class was extremely helpfull and thank you once again. ………..

**********************************************************************************
Carl Redmond
I agree...Rob & Alex did a fantastic job. It's really great opportunity to get instruction from two professionals of their level who excell at teaching. Alex even managed to untangle my complicated questions and always come up with a really good and very understandable answer. It was my first day on a track and thanks to NYSBC/Rob & Alex I had a fantastic day, and as Rob predicted....I am now addicted. Hope to see you all again soon.

**********************************

For more pictures covering this event visit Racedayphoto.com

No comments: