Saturday, November 17, 2007

Should I go for it?



For a while I have been flirting with the idea of buying a 250cc after having so much fun riding an Aprilia 250 and a Yamaha TZ 250 in Pocono Raceway, last year. As a kid I owened a Laverda LZ 125cc and as everybody else in Italy I grew up riding two stroke bikes but never in a circuit. The combination of the size and the power delivery with the total absence of engine brake makes riding a 250cc similar to blasting my road race bicycle down the twisty roads of a mountain: you have to let her go as much as you can …
Our friend Luciano, owner of a gorgeous yellow Yahama TZ 250, has sent me this video to keep tempting my fantasies.

Video source

3 comments:

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

Andrea Dovizioso has adamantly admitted that MotoGp bikes are less fun to ride than the 250cc because of the electronic managing how power is delivered ...You get on the gas and everything is managed by the electronics, while with the 250cc you are always on the edge," Dovizioso told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I would have preferred less rider aids."
Via Autosport.com

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

The majority of our 4 strokes bikes don't have traction control yet, but it's just around the corner after Suzuki has introduced something similar on the GSX-R 1000 in 2007.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,you tested my Tz250 and you propably figured out the power and handling of this little Gp bike.With 240 pounds wet and more then 85 hp on the wheel it is a joy to race it.In the right hands a well running Tz can give hard times to a liter bike.I always get very excited every time I take my baby to the track.My Zx10R is fast but at 450 plus pounds you got to muscle it around around the turns.Low fun factor epcept the Zx10 higher top speed.Meaby one day I will be fast like the guy on the video.LOL.Luciano