Thursday, September 20, 2007

MotoGp Poll: A-Style Grand Prix of Japan


Create polls and vote for free. dPolls.com

Second place to? After Estoril and the resurgence of Rossi, Pedrosa and Hayden along with their much improved bikes, I don't really know! Today Rossi has openly admitted that the recent victory has improved the his team morale and he is planning to fight until the end of the championship: there are 100 points left with Stoner leading with a 76 points difference over Valentino. Last year Rossi was able to keep the cold mathematic at bay until the last race. The M1 got faster and Michelin tires are equal if not better than Bridgestone, as long as it doesn't rain. The goddess Fortune is always represented with a wheel to remind everybody that luck comes and go and it is about time for the Italian champ to enjoy a bit of luck after going up-hill for almost two years.
Now the statistics are totally against the Fiat Yamaha team with Bridgestone winning the race in the last three seasons. Also we shouldn't forget that last year Capirossi and his Ducati won the Motegi race with a 5 seconds gap on Rossi while the new phenomenon Stoner had crashed out. I am looking at last year classification with Melandri in third and I get even more confused .....
Ok, I made my mind and I pick Pedrosa again behind Rossi but do not ask me the third rider because in my heart I would like the show to go on until the last event

6 comments:

johng said...

Yes Alex, let's hope for another good one!! This is Bridgestone's backyard so I am looking for Mr. Hopkins to show something. We shall see. Stoner has shown to be very cool under all circumstances, but maybe with some more pressure from Valentino, who knows what can happen. I just read that the factory Yamaha's will race with Michelin again year so maybe the tire situation is evening out.

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

A pole after renewing the contract ... Pedrosa means business:Honda must love it.

Jimmy said...

Pedrosa was awesome in qualifying, just stunningly fast. He was even quick on race tyres, where Bridgestone seem to have an advantage.

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

And Stoner? This is the first time that he has some serious issues with the bike since the beginning of the season. I am curious to see how he is going to deal with some real pressure and some technical limitations. On the other end Rossi feels great end openly wants to ruin the party to the Australian. My final note goes to Hayden: the 2006 World Champion doesn't want to give away his #1 plate without proving that it has not been only luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah!! Stoner was relay furious!! I was watching the QP in live. He was angry slapping his gas tank numerous times, the bike was cutting off, some mis shifts. At the end he just stormed in to his motorhome. It will be an interesting race for sure. I'll be up late tonight!!!

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

It's raining ... Most likely we will be served sushi for breakfast ...
I am crossing my fingers for some French miracle!