Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Luca Scassa: an Italian Champion in AMA


A month ago when with the PMP guys I was in Jennings, I was in the race track facilities when I noticed, among others, a picture of an aggressive rider stating "Luca Scassa, 1:14.81 new track record". This morning I went to read again the post about our winter trip to Florida, and in the picture of the race track lay out I noticed that at that time the record belonged to the canadian Pascal Picotte with a time of 1:15.4 ……
The difference is substantial, so out of curiosity a made a quick research on line to discover that Luca Scassa is the 2006 Italian Superstock Champion that has signed a contrat with Claudio Castiglioni , President of the MV Augusta, to race the AMA Superbike in USA under the colors of the Ferracci Team.
Luca is only 23 year old: a tall, slim guy from Arezzo, Toscany, with undisputed technical skills that are going to be tested and sharpened in the difficult American tracks.
For more info and pictures of Luca, check his website lucascassa.com

Good luck Luca!

Picture source topmoto.it

1 comment:

p=b said...

Now I can get interested in the ama season.
a new bike. a new rider and an old hand in the pits.
I wish the team good fortune. It will be good to see
the ferracci colors again.