Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Who's that guy?


Nice jump, but not big deal with whatever we see at the Xgames. But, what about if I tell you that the guy Sal Benanti, is 69 years old. I am going to type it again to eliminate any doubt, 69 years old. He started riding at 47 and he has on his belt 22 racing seasons filled with victories, tons of podiums and immense satisfaction. He has definitely achieved the best result of his career later in life than his typical competitor. What’s his secret? You would expect some sort of special diet, magic pills or strenuous workout. Wrong! Sal is a witty person who doesn’t like to hang out with complainers (most of people of his age) and negative people. He is not afraid to try and he does not fear failure because even that it’s part of the game. He would tell you to live your present and not to worry about the future: deal with that when it comes.
So whatever it is your age start the engine and just …do it.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAL WAS ONE OF A KIND GUY...HE LIVED LIFE TO THE FULLEST...HE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL WHO KNEW HIM.....PATSY ( THE 18TH AVE CREW)

Anonymous said...

Old Blue Eye's Had Sally in mind when he sang My Way. That's how Sal lived his life. We (Whats left of the biys from 18th ave) will miss him. Paulie

Anonymous said...

How proud I am to say that Sal Benanti was my Uncle. I can't explain the pain of loosing such an amazing person, he was not only my Uncle but a father and a very dear friend. I know he is in a better place and that he lived his life to the fullest, If everyone that knew him would just pass on all the kind things he has done what a better world this would be.

Anonymous said...

Sal Benanti is the wisest, strongest, bravest man I have ever known. I am proud to call him my father. He will always be my HERO!

Anonymous said...

Sal Benanti is the wisest, strongest, bravest may I have ever known. I am proud to call him my father. He will always be my HERO!

His daughter karen.