Sunday, February 26, 2006

WSBK: First 2 races of the season

Toseland and Corser have won the first 2 races. Toseland was aggressive and fast in the first race, so it happened to be there when Haga wiped out Kagayama while braking hard with a worn front tire. I was surprised with the performance of the different bikes. The Suzuki had more accelleration but top speed was similar for the different brands. At the end of the big straight nobody was coming strong out of the draft. The whole race looked like a GP 250 race.
The second race was dominated by Corser. Bayliss had to work very hard to get on his tail and at that point it was already the last lap. Did anybody see him passing Haga and Toseland ? Moe and I were watching the TV together and both of us missed it.
Barros got 6th and 7th. Yesterday I read that Bayliss forecasts a great performance for the brasilian rider in WSBK: I really hope to see him at the front of the pack soon.
It seems that Biaggi's father claimed that Max is going to race in Superbike with an italian bike (?). Do you believe it?

1 comment:

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

I have just read off crash.net a short interview with Alex Barros where among other things recalls "...I had some trouble with riders pushing me out". 28 riders (if I am correct) getting to the first turn has to be quite ...hectic, at least. I bet on Alex. He is a fighter and in a couple of races he will be up to this game.